Live-in care means that the caregiver lives in the home most of the week, and may only leave on their days off. They may be replaced by another live-in caregiver on their days off. They have their own bedroom, and sleep at night when the care-receiver is sleeping. Most private duty home care agencies can provide live-in services and hourly services. Hourly caregivers do not live in the home. Hourly services may be more appropriate for seniors who need the companion or home health aide to be awake at night.
832-271-1600, https://houston-homecare.com , Houston Home Care 20 Frequently Asked Questions About Home Care. Go to www.Houston-HomeCare.com and click on the VIDEO FAQ tab. There you will be able to see all 20 of our frequently asked question videos and get the answers you need. Also, please be sure to call us directly at 832-271-1600 and speak to Rick or Donna Wrabel, the owners of At Your Side Home Care in Houston Texas.
View the rest of our videos here:
Paying for In-Home Care
- Video 1: Does Medicare or Health Insurance pay for in-home care?
- Video 2: Does Long-Term Care Insurance pay for in-home care?
- Video 3: How much does home care cost?
- Video 4: How do people pay for in-home care services?
- Video 5: Does the home care agency pay the caregiver’s state and federal taxes, or am I responsible?
Deciding on Types of Care Services
- Video 6: How do I know if my aging loved one is ready for home care services?
- Video 7: What is the difference between home healthcare services and private duty home care services?
- Video 8: What should I be looking for in a Home Care Agency?
- Video 9: What is the difference between in-home care and senior housing options like assisted living?
- Video 10: What is the difference between in-home care and adult day care services?
Differences in Home Care Services
- Video 11: What is the difference between a Home Health Aide and a Personal Companion?
- Video 12: What is Live-In Care and how do I find a caregiver who will live in the home?
- Video 13: If my aging loved one needs care 24 hours a day, is there a difference in cost between a live-in caregiver and paying for hourly care?
- Video 14: Do some home care agencies specialize in Alzheimer’s Care at home?
- Video 15: What is “Respite” care and does every home care agency provide that type of care?
Safety with In-Home Care Services
- Video 16: Do all home care agencies do background checks on their caregivers?
- Video 17: Is drug screening a requirement for all home care agency caregivers?
- Video 18: What does “bonded and insured” mean, and is that an important requirement for home care agencies?
- Video 19: What about licensing? Do all home care agencies need to be licensed?
- Video 20: What happens if a caregiver does not show up for their shift?
Our Certified Nurse Aides, 24-Hour Live-in Assistants and Home Health Aides are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We also provide the security and confidence of 24-hour Telephone Assistance, so fast, reliable help is always available when it's needed. To learn more about our homecare services see our homecare services page.
Different people need different levels of homecare. To meet the requirements of our clients, At Your Side Homecare maintains consistent staffing levels of caring professionals. Homecare service is available for as little as a few hours a week, or as many as 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Latest posts by Donna Wrabel, LMSW (see all)
- You Really Can Feel Better, Fast - January 17, 2020
- Four Ways to Dig Deeper into Why Your Senior Doesn’t Want Help - January 10, 2020
- How Can You Keep Meals a Positive Experience? - January 3, 2020