Top Five Reasons to Choose In Home Care
by Shannon Dauphin
Choosing in-home care might be the best choice for you or your loved one–but how do you know for sure? This quick primer on in-home care can help you make that very important decision.
Seniors sometimes need a bit of help. Whether that means simple reminders to take their medication or something as significant as 24-hour medical monitoring, there is a solution designed to meet all of their unique needs.
The Top Five Considerations for In Home Care
In home care is the most popular option chosen by the American public. Consider the following reasons why in-home care might be the best choice for you and your family as well:
* Independence Matters. With in home care, patients are encouraged to be as independent as possible. With a few changes for safety, such as grab bars and anti-slip rugs, freedom to move around the comfort of their own home is very possible with in-home care.
* Family Involvement. Those who are cared for at home have the advantage of open visiting hours. Family members can stop in and help out as often as necessary without concerns about intruding on the care of others. In times of illness, the presence of family members can buoy a patient”s spirits and make everyone feel more in-control of the situation.
* Continuity of Care. Home care is often provided online casino sites by the same nurse or team or nurses, so they always know what kind of care has been given or is needed. The patient can also keep their same doctor, so the continuity of their care stays intact.
* Safe and Personal. The risks of infection are lessened when a patient uses in home care. The one-on-one care and personal attention also ensures that all your loved one”s needs can be met quickly and without the red tape often found in hospitals or nursing homes.
* Lower Costs. In-home care providers are usually less expensive than nursing homes or assisted living facilities. With in home care, you also have the option of hiring someone for respite care, meaning, only the hours when your loved one needs help the most. Lower costs also offer peace of mind to those seniors who are concerned about the financial burden their care might put on their family.
If you are considering In Home Care for your loved one, contact At Your Side Home Care in Houston. At Your Side offers a range of quality services including Alzheimer’s Care and Respite Care. We have caregivers available 24 hours, for all of your care needs. We are providers of In Home Care in Houston and the surrounding areas. Call 832-271-1600 for more information.
Our Certified Nurse Aides, 24-Hour Live-in Assistants and Home Health Aides are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We also provide the security and confidence of 24-hour Telephone Assistance, so fast, reliable help is always available when it's needed. To learn more about our homecare services see our homecare services page.
Different people need different levels of homecare. To meet the requirements of our clients, At Your Side Homecare maintains consistent staffing levels of caring professionals. Homecare service is available for as little as a few hours a week, or as many as 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Latest posts by Donna Wrabel, LMSW (see all)
- Seniors with Dementia: Dealing with the Challenges of Showering - July 18, 2017
- Age-related Macular Degeneration and Your Parent - July 12, 2017
- Tips for Caring for a Parent with Alzheimer’s - July 6, 2017