Home care agencies range from medical care to help with daily household chores. If you’re considering hiring a home care agency in Memorial TX, ask the following questions.
By Mayo Clinic staff
If you’re recovering from surgery or need long term care for a chronic illness — or you have a loved one facing a similar situation — you may be interested in the services of a home care agency. Home care services range from skilled care provided by nurses or therapists to household support, such as cleaning, cooking and running errands.
Whether you’re planning to enlist the help of a home care agency or hire a personal home health aide, knowing what questions to ask can help ensure that you receive quality assistance.
If you’re considering a home care agency:
- Is the agency licensed by the state? Most states — but not all — require agencies to be licensed and
- reviewed regularly. Reviews may be available on request through your state health department.
- Is the agency certified by Medicare to meet federal requirements for health and safety? If not, ask why.
- What type of employee screening is done? Can the agency provide references? Ask for a list of doctors, hospital discharge planners or other professionals who have experience with the agency, as well as a list of former clients. Ask doctors, family and friends for agency recommendations.
- Is the agency accredited by a governing agency such as The Joint Commission, an independent group that evaluates and accredits health care organizations and programs that voluntarily request review? If so, ask to see the results of the most recent survey.
continue reading here
If you are researching options for a home care agency in Memorial TX or the surrounding area, contact At Your Side Home Care. We are dedicated to providing the right care for your loved one. Call 832-271-1600 for more information.
Our Certified Nurse Aides, 24-Hour Live-in Assistants and Home Health Aides are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We also provide the security and confidence of 24-hour Telephone Assistance, so fast, reliable help is always available when it's needed. To learn more about our homecare services see our homecare services page.
Different people need different levels of homecare. To meet the requirements of our clients, At Your Side Homecare maintains consistent staffing levels of caring professionals. Homecare service is available for as little as a few hours a week, or as many as 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Latest posts by Donna Wrabel, LMSW (see all)
- How to Develop a Plan to Help Your Senior to Stop Driving - June 20, 2018
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of a Migraine? - June 14, 2018
- How is Effective Communication Important to Your Caregiver Journey with Your Senior? - June 8, 2018