Elder Care Houston TX: What the Supreme Court’s Health Care Ruling Means for Consumers
Recently The Wall Street Journal did an excellent job of explaining how the Supreme Court’s latest ruling will impact consumers. The article is written in layman’s terms so that it is easier to understand.
The bottom line for most Americans is that the new law won’t go into effect until 2014, but that doesn’t mean it should be ignored. Think about your situation and your options now- plan ahead.
Insurance Premiums in the Future
Most consumers can expect to keep seeing increases in premiums and co-payments because the underlying cost of health care is expected to rise. The law contains a few mechanisms to curb premiums, but it also requires that many insurance providers make their benefits more generous, which will raise their cost. Older people could see their premiums go down because of the new age rating rules insurers will face. People who buy policies without the help of an employer could get a better deal by being able to shop on the exchanges, where comparing plans will be easier than before.
What Can You Expect to See if You Choose NOT to Have Health Insurance?
The penalty will start at $95 a year or up to 1% of a person’s income, whichever is greater.
Here are some of the questions that the Wall Street Journal Addresses:
• Does this mean the health overhaul law is in place for good?
• What happens to any benefits I already get because of the law?
• When will I see the big changes from the law?
• What if I already have insurance?
• What will happen to my insurance premiums?
For more information and to read the entire article click here.
If you or a loved one is in need of elder care in Houston TX or the surrounding communities, please contact At Your Side Home Care at 832-271-1600 or fill out our web form for more information.
Our Certified Nurse Aides, 24-Hour Live-in Assistants and Home Health Aides are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We also provide the security and confidence of 24-hour Telephone Assistance, so fast, reliable help is always available when it's needed. To learn more about our homecare services see our homecare services page.
Different people need different levels of homecare. To meet the requirements of our clients, At Your Side Homecare maintains consistent staffing levels of caring professionals. Homecare service is available for as little as a few hours a week, or as many as 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Latest posts by Donna Wrabel, LMSW (see all)
- Seeking Professional Support to Help Your Parent Handle Their Cancer-Related Distress - September 20, 2017
- September is Healthy Aging Month: How Can an Elder Care Provider Help Your Parent Stay Healthy? - September 15, 2017
- How Do You Prepare to Manage Your Senior’s Health Conditions During a Severe Weather Emergency? - September 7, 2017