Have you ever heard of International Enthusiasm Week before? Most people would define enthusiasm as having an intense interest or enjoyment in something. It could be anything from a hobby to a goal to a type of sports. Enthusiasts could be defined as people who have a very positive and excited type of personality. The word originally meant that a person had divinely gifted inspiration.
How can you be enthusiastic about life in general? It can be difficult when you have many responsibilities weighing down on your shoulders. Cultivating a positive and enthusiastic attitude can actually help you gain strength to make it through the challenges of the day. It can help give you the motivation to keep moving forward and to give you the ability to look forward to the next day with a little more sparkle than before.
Be involved with what you are doing. Look for all the potential you can see in life. Be happy in the present moment. Set your priorities and keep your focus. Decide on what things can wait until later and do what’s important to accomplish today.
- Take time to examine your life. Don’t dwell on the negative. Find ways to accentuate the positive
- Accept the things you can’t change and change the things you can.
- Do you have a clear goal for your life? Don’t let anyone undermine your goal.
- If you see current obstacles in your life, brainstorm ways to overcome those obstacles. Get help from whomever you need to.
- Life won’t always be fun but when you can see your priorities being accomplished it can give you a huge sense of fulfillment. When the hard work is done, you will find a way to have fun and purely enjoy yourself doing it.
- You can have more than one priority in your life but you can really only focus on one at any given moment. It is okay to move to another priority the next moment, but it must be an active choice.
- Cultivate a zest for life, even when you must do things you don’t really want to do. Part of life is learning and growing. It’s not always an easy road and it’s often fraught with some hardships, but overcoming them will give you strength.
- Fake it until you make it. In other words, adopt enthusiasm. Practice it and become it so that you get the energy and good feelings that come from it. Soon you will find yourself becoming more enthusiastic by nature.
- An enthusiastic attitude can rub off on others around you too. If your elderly loved one needs a little more zest in life, see if you can get her to practice it with you.
For help with providing the level of caregiving your senior loved one needs, consider calling an agency providing home care to arrange for a trained and loving caregiver to come into your loved one’s home and help them to accomplish the daily tasks of living.
If you have a loved one who could benefit from the help of caregivers in Hunters Creek, TX contact At Your Side Home Care. We help seniors and their families with many levels of home care service. Call (832) 271-1600 for more information.
Our Certified Nurse Aides, 24-Hour Live-in Assistants and Home Health Aides are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We also provide the security and confidence of 24-hour Telephone Assistance, so fast, reliable help is always available when it's needed. To learn more about our homecare services see our homecare services page.
Different people need different levels of homecare. To meet the requirements of our clients, At Your Side Homecare maintains consistent staffing levels of caring professionals. Homecare service is available for as little as a few hours a week, or as many as 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Latest posts by Donna Wrabel, LMSW (see all)
- Seniors with Dementia: Dealing with the Challenges of Showering - July 18, 2017
- Age-related Macular Degeneration and Your Parent - July 12, 2017
- Tips for Caring for a Parent with Alzheimer’s - July 6, 2017